atom feed20 messages in org.xwiki.devs[xwiki-devs] Proposal: moving the "cr...
FromSent OnAttachments
Guillaume LerougeSep 25, 2014 2:04 am
Ecaterina Moraru (Valica)Sep 25, 2014 2:39 am
Eduard MoraruSep 25, 2014 3:03 am
Guillaume LerougeSep 25, 2014 3:31 am
Guillaume "Louis-Marie" DelhumeauSep 25, 2014 3:41 am
Eduard MoraruSep 25, 2014 4:16 am
Ecaterina Moraru (Valica)Sep 29, 2014 4:28 am
Guillaume LerougeSep 29, 2014 6:01 am
Guillaume LerougeSep 29, 2014 6:06 am
Ecaterina Moraru (Valica)Sep 29, 2014 6:12 am
Ecaterina Moraru (Valica)Sep 29, 2014 6:14 am
Guillaume LerougeSep 29, 2014 6:35 am
Jeremie BOUSQUETSep 29, 2014 6:50 am
Ecaterina Moraru (Valica)Sep 29, 2014 7:13 am
Jeremie BOUSQUETSep 29, 2014 7:49 am
Eduard MoraruSep 29, 2014 3:07 pm
Eduard MoraruSep 29, 2014 3:11 pm
Guillaume LerougeSep 30, 2014 2:56 am
Eduard MoraruSep 30, 2014 4:20 am
Denis GervalleSep 30, 2014 5:03 am
Subject:[xwiki-devs] Proposal: moving the "create wiki" and "create space" actions
From:Guillaume Lerouge (guil@xwiki.com)
Date:Sep 25, 2014 2:04:51 am
List:org.xwiki.devs

Hi Devs,

I'm currently testing XE 6.2, it's a great release, I love the new look a lot - well done guys!

I have a quick remark that is related to the new location of the "Create" button. I think we should move the "create wiki" and "create space" options from where they are located now.

The "Create wiki" button could be moved under the list of wikis on this page: http://<server>/xwiki/bin/view/WikiManager/

We would probably need a similar "space index" page with the "Create space" button there, a bit like what we have on the dashboard now: http:// <server>/xwiki/bin/view/Dashboard/

The objective being that when doing those create actions, they would be done with the context of the wikis / spaces that already exist.

What is also a bit confusing for users is that since creating a new wiki is much much bigger and less frequent than creating a new page, the action should not be available from every single page.

This issue has become much more salient than before to me because of the new location of the "Create" button. What's your opinion about this?

Thanks,

Guillaume